• Select Turn Windows features on or off
• Make sure that the features Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux are selected and choose OK. If prompted, reboot your system
• Open the Microsoft Store and search for Debian. Choose Get or Install and wait for it to download.
• Once Debian has downloaded select Launch or Open to begin the initial setup
• You will prompted to enter a username and password to use in WSL. Once completed, just type:
• Now launch MobaXterm
• If you are prompted to permit access through the firewall, please allow as MobaXterm uses connnections for the X server to display the windows.
• Start a new Debian WSL session. Enter the following commands to install the required dependencies.
sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade
sudo apt-get -y install libgtk3-perl libsoap-lite-perl freerdp2-x11 tigervnc-viewer wget
• Now download the RemoteBox tarball, unpack it and run. This example shows v3.0, but the change the version as appropriate
tar -xvjf RemoteBox-3.0.tar.bz2